Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dear God.

It's been really fun to teach Luke how to pray. It's become a bedtime staple...sometimes nap too when the Spirit hits him. I love that even though his prayers are usually silly and although sometimes he wants to pray just to prolong bedtime, he's learning the importance of giving thanks to God. Here are some of his recent prayers.

One night in July:

"Dear God. Thank you for robots. Thank you for Marisa. Thank you for Lincoln. Thank you for cookies. Amen"

Every night for a week:

"Dear God. Thank you all the Backyardigans. Thank you Uniqua. Thank you Pablo. Thank you Tyrone. Dear God. Amen." ***(Sometimes Austin and Tosha would make the cut and sometimes Uniqua would get mentioned twice.)

4 comments:

Nottingham Family said...

Dear God, thank you for Lukey!

anna said...

sara lukes prayers r so cute does he ever mention u or jc or the rest of the family

Jill said...

Luke is very inspiring. I've never thought to be thankful for robots---but you know, I am now!!! :)

Jessie Neireiter said...

cutest prayers ever...