First, you thank your Dad for buying you an Earthbox. Then you make a few gallons of pesto. Notice how much my "tree" is leaning, even after I've tied it to a stake. Also, I cut 6 cups of leaves off of it before taking this picture. It's a monster!
Step 1: Pick 6 cups of basil leaves. Wash them, and dry them.
Step 2: Add 1 cup of toasted walnuts and the leaves to your food processor and pulse.
Step 3: Grate in 9 cloves of garlic. Pulse again.
Step 4: Then stream in about a cup of evoo while the machine is running.
Step 5: Scrape down the sides, add 3/4 cup parmesan and some s&p. Pulse again.
Step 6: ENJOY!!!
I actually took out half of the mixture before adding the cheese and froze it in ice cube trays. The cheese doesn't freeze well. Now I can enjoy pesto all winter long!
Tune in next week for : What do I with the tomatoes that are taking over my house? I accidentally planted 2 tomato plants, when I clearly only needed 1!
4 comments:
wow! that thing is out of control!!!
PS I will eat your tomatoes. :)
You use walnuts instead of pine nuts in your pesto? How very interesting...I wonder if it changes the flavor. When you thaw the pesto later, do you then add the parm?
omg a basil tree weve mever heard of that b4
Only other time I saw a basil tree was in front of a restaurant in Montreal. I wondered how they grew it. I plan on giving my extra tomatoes to the local food bank. That is if I have any as a blight it taking away my plants quickly.
Post a Comment