Over the past few weeks, Luke's imagination has been running wild...Here are some of our recent conversations.
In the car:
Luke: sniff, sniff, sniff
Me: What are you doing Luke?
Luke: I smell, I smell, I smell....a monster!
Me: What does the monster smell like?
Luke: It smells like a....BLUE MONSTER!
Yesterday before leaving for the fair:
Me: Hey Luke, go upstairs and grab 2 diapers to take with us.
(On hi way up the stairs, he stopped and came back down.)
Luke: There's a dragon upstairs.
Me: No, there's not. Get the diapers please.
Luke: No, there's a dragon. I'll shoot it with my webs.
Then he made his web shooting, Spiderman sound...Psssshhh, Psssshhh...and went to get the diapers.
Today at lunch:
Me: Take your banana to the table to eat please.
(He was having trouble climbing onto his chair, while holding the banana.)
Me: Put your banana on the placemat, while you climb up.
Luke: I can't. The alligator will eat it!
Every time it rains and thunders, he tells us that he hears a polar bear. And he's always pretending that he sees some animal that he needs to chase away. Apparently his favorite animals to "see" are moose and coyotes. It cracks us up! Today we spent an hour building a boat out of pillows and looking for different animals.
2 comments:
i cannot stand it. he is so adorable and so brave to fight the dragon for diapers.
You have quite the zoo at your place. Isn't this a fun stage. I still love to go back in the baby book and read the things the girls' came up with at that age.
Post a Comment