Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Update

After speaking with my OB and urologist, I have made the tough decision not to return to school. Although it's not like I really have a choice....I can't walk, so I guess teaching math to a bunch of high schoolers is out of the question. I'm pretty discouraged about not being able to return to work. I LOVE my students and the teachers I work with. And I have the best boss ever. They have all been awesome throughout this whole ordeal. It's really hard to leave without any closure. I thought I had until April, so it's wierd to be finished without saying goodbye.

It looks like I still have a long road ahead of me. I'll probably be on Vicodin and "bedrest" for the remander of the pregnancy. We're hoping that I'll be able to control the pain from home. I'll have to have surgery every 4-6 weeks to have my stent changed out. Usually stents can stay in for 6 months at a time, but not when you're pregnant.

I have been blessed throughout this experience with amazing friends and family. I get phone calls, letters, and e-mails daily. My mom has been in town alot to help me. JC has been a huge help and is getting really great at taking orders from me. :) And my best friend Amanda has even gathered people to bring dinner to us for a while. I've really found out what great friends and family I have and that has totally lifted my spirits. So thanks to everyone for being so supportive and really taking care of me. I'm overwhelmed by having so many selfless people in my life.

No comments: