Monday, April 23, 2007

Guess where I am....again

Well, I'm back in the hospital. Friday I came down with a fever of 104 and intense kidney pain again. We went to the dr. and I was put on some antibiotics, but by Saturday I was feeling even worse, so I was sent to my favorite place...St. Vincent's. I've gotten pretty friendly with most of the staff.

The last few days have been rough. I'm on some iv meds and they seem to be helping. I had another cat scan late last night. I was told that my kidney might be blocked from scar tissue and if that's the case, then the infection wouldn't clear and I'd have to have another stent. But God is good. The scan came back that although I still have alot of swelling in my kidney, there is some drainage getting through, so the infection should be able to pass.

No one really knows what to expect from here on out. The whole situation is complicated. I've heard alot of different scenarios from I should be fine in a week to I'll have a stent for the rest of my life. It's been really hard to be away from Luke for the past few days. His Nana has been taking great care of him at our house and JC brings him to visit me everyday. Obviously I'm ready to get home. I'd appreciate your prayers. I so much want to feel normal again without stents and medication.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara, glad yo are feeling better and you will be good as new quickly back home and feeding bigfoot all the time. So glad I thought to go to this sight. Kept calling your mom and dad last night and could not get through. You hang in there sweetie-see you soon
Love and hugs
Aunt Dar