Last week was the worst week of this whole experience. It's a really long story, but here's the semi-short version. I didn't think it could get worse. I had my stent removed last Monday at Clarian North. After another week of excrutiating pain and IV meds, the stent was put back in on Friday. If you are looking for a compassionate urologist and nurses who will listen to you, then I would NOT recommend this hospital. Almost every nurse and doctor I saw seemed condescending and rude.
Anyway, I've been back home since Saturday. This time the stent does not seem to be helping. I'm in much more pain than I was last time. It's pretty unbearable and the Vicodin doesn't help much. We're not sure what to do next. I still have 6-10 weeks of this pregnancy left. Many people have been praying for us, which I so appreciate. I've listed some specific prayers below.
PRAYERS for Baby
1. that our baby continues to be healthy (he's 3 lbs 6 oz and a week ahead of schedule)
2. that he won't be addicted to any pain medication when he's born
3. that he won't have any long term physical or mental issues from the meds i'm on
PRAYERS for Sara
1. that i can find a lasting solution to lessen the pain (even if it doesn't go away completely) to make it through the remainder of pregnancy... 6-10 more weeks
2. that my OB will induce me at 36 or 37 weeks
3. that JC and I can make a good decision about what the next step is....back to hospital, alternative options, different medication, different doctors, etc...
4. that I can keep my faith strong, learn the lessons God wants to teach me and learn to rely on Him to get me through each day.
5. for the anxiety I'm dealing with on top of the pain
6. once the baby is born, that my body will return to normal QUICKLY, and I'll be able to get off the medicine easily, so I can concentrate on the joys of having a newborn.
Monday, February 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Say..I wish I could make all of this just go away so you can enjoy being pregnant with your first born son! Thank you for letting us in on some specific prayers that we can be remembering in our prayer time. Please know that David and I are thinking about you JC and the baby all the time and that our prayers are with you. We have asked several other people to keep you in their prayers as well. We love you!
Sara and JC - know you are all three in our prayers. You are doing what you have to do, put it in God's hands. I wish this was an easier path for you, but the end result will be a beautiful, healthy baby boy to add to your lovely family. Cannot wait to meet him! Love you guys, BJ.
We are SO sorry that you are going through all of this and wish we could do more. We are praying for you - that this will be the fastest 6-10 weeks of your life, along with the other requests! We love you and can't wait to meet that sweet baby boy who is so lucky to have you two for parents!!
Post a Comment