Just got back from the OB again. I failed my glucose test, so I have to go back tomorrow and take it again. The last time they had to prick me in 6 places in my hands, arms, and even feet before they could get any blood. (Apparently I have "sluggish" veins) If I fail the test again, I'll have to go through a 3 hour test to determine if I have gestational diabetes. Let's hope for the best because I'm not sure I could handle anything else.
I also found out today that my iron levels are too low and I'm anemic. Again, the baby is doing great and getting all the nutrients he needs. But I'm having trouble eating and I'm losing blood from the stent. So in addition to all the other pills I am taking, I got another precription for some horse pills today. They're huge! The ironic thing is that last summer when I started taking prenatal vitamins I asked for another alternative because I can't swallow pills easily. They gave me chewable kids vitamins. HA! Now I'm swallowing about 15 pills a day!
I visited a chiropracter earlier this week. She can't help my kidney, but is working on the muscles around my spine, lower back, and hips. We've also been in contact with some acupuncturists. (I'll try anything at this point). However, they don't really want to take me on because the spots that could help my kidney could also induce labor.
So, I'm out of options. The OB says she'll try and induce me as early as possible depending on if my body cooperates. But from now until delivery day, I can either stay home and deal with the pain or go to the hospital and get on a morphine pump. Obviously it's easier on everyone if I can stay home, but some days are pretty hard.
Thursday, February 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will so morning because good it may not be. You know you have all ours prayers to you from down here. Even though most of Indy does not feel that we are part of the state.
On the bright side
1 mom is on her way
2 with out her 3 cats
3 we can have a shower with a baby
4 you can keep up on your soaps easier
Bless all three of you
Russ and Barb
Post a Comment