It has been a very long day. We started out this morning at the hospital for an amnio. After Dr. Hinkle used an ultrasound, she decided that it was too risky to do the procedure herself. So, she sent us to the Maternal Fetal Medicine Area. They did a full ultrasound with measurements and another doctor found a small pocket of fluid that he thought he could get to. He had to go through part of the placenta (that hurt!), but he was able to get enough fluid to do the test. Then I was put on the monitors for a while. The baby had already had along day, so ge wasn't very active. They made me go home and eat lunch and then I had to come back and get on the monitors again. This time he was much more awake, so they deemed he was ok and sent me home again. We had to wait the rest of the afternoon to hear back from my OB.
She called tonight and said that the amnio results showed that his lungs aren't developed enough to induce right away. But she did go ahead and schedule the induction for next Thursday, April 5th. She said he should be fine by then since I'll be 38 weeks. I'm so happy to finally have a date set, but frustrated to wait another week. Every week feels like a year to me and I'm probably the least patient person in the world. I'm also really worried about how long my stent has been in and what kind of problems that may cause for me down the road. It will have been in for 10 weeks once it's finally removed. But it should have come out at 6 weeks.
Even though I was hoping to be induced this weekend, it's a relief to know that we should have a baby by Easter. I'm looking forward to closing out the chapter of pregnancy and moving on to getting healthy again. We're very excited about next Thursday and hope that the next 6 days fly by.
Friday, March 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah! So exciting that you know your baby's birthday! We are still praying for the 3 of you! Love,
I found your blog via Kelly Warner's blog (I go to MOPS with her). Please know we've been praying for you guys--especially everytime I drive by Clairon North (I am so sad you had such a horrible time there--yet the Lord uses each time I drive by as a reminder to pray for you and your baby boy). I am very excited you're able to see the light at the end of the tunnel--and we will keep you in our prayers!
Post a Comment