Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Em-MONSTER


She's driving me craaaaaazy! You know how they say, "If my 2nd child was actually my 1st, then I wouldn't have had a 2nd." That is exactly how I feel about Emerson Josephine these days. She has an attitude that rivals most 13 year old girls. And she's only 1! She throws her food at me or on the floor constantly. Lately she's been getting her molars, so her life is full of discontentment. She wants the exact opposite of whatever you give her. But once she gets what she thinks she wants...she doesn't want it anymore! I threaten to sell her on ebay daily. Hearing JC open the door at 6:00 p.m. is the highlight of my day!

OK, so I really do still love her. But I'm not exactly going to shed a tear when we leave her with Grandma for a week and take Luke to Disney World. :)

"Helping" in the kitchen by emptying every drawer,


She can't walk yet, but she loves to stand up and throw herself on the pillows.


Wish I saw this face more often!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

So relate to how you are feeling. Neil used to say "You cry when I leave, you cry when I come home". But Kate was so much worse than Sarah as a baby. But what I really wanted to tell you is not real reassuring. One of the things I learned in one of my preschool grad courses was that if you want to know what kind of a teen they are going to be remember their ones and twos and how they acted. That has held true for both of our girls. Kate was easy going and still is. Sarah was independent and stubborn and still is. Good luck is all I can say, and enjoy; it really does go by fast.

Nottingham Family said...

Emer, you can come stay with Aunty Marisa when your mean mommy says these nasty things! hahahahaha love it! I should post about my feelings for Lincoln at bedtime! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!