Tuesday, September 7, 2010

TMI?

WOW. Seems like it took Luke forever to get the concept of pooping on the potty. Nothing that I tried to motivate him with worked...until we made the potty chart. For some reason, I made this chart with 91 squares on it. What was I thinking? It's taken months to fill up! Every few spaces, Luke would land on toy or candy and get a small reward. But the final goal was to fill up the whole chart and receive a BIG TOY! Once he figured out that pooping on the potty is no big deal, he started working the system. He would poop out one tiny pebble of poop an hour so he could get as many stickers as possible. I finally had to put a sticker limit on how many he could earn in one day. I thought about cutting off a few rows, but I figured Luke would catch on. He's pretty smart and the potty chart became a goal for the whole family. We had to complete it.

Anyway, this week, he finally completed the monstrosity! Whew, that was a lot of work...



But it was worth it to get this awesome dinosaur fortress (courtesy of Craig's List...sweet!)



However, now he's informed me that he wants a dinosaur castle ("like the one kai has") for his next potty chart. Sorry buddy, you're just pooping for the sake of pooping now!

2 comments:

Nottingham Family said...

Way to go, Luke!!! I wish I could get a cool prize for pooping 91 times! ;)

Jessie Neireiter said...

I find the fact that he rationed his poop to get more stickers both innovative and brilliant.