Wednesday, April 21, 2010


A few weeks ago, Luke was outside playing on the swingset. JC and I were both inside, but we had the door open and were watching him. All of the sudden we heard a blood curdling scream. I thought he had surely fallen and broken something. He kept screaming as we raced out to the back yard. He was sitting on the top deck sobbing hysterically. JC climbed up and said, "What's wrong?" Luke's response? "A bug landed on my arm." Seriously? Anyone that knows me, knows that I am TERRIFIED of spiders. Even typing that word just creeped me out a little. But I have tried so hard not to freak out around Luke. Apparently he got my phobia. Is that genetic?

But the story doesn't end there. While JC was consoling Luke, the doorbell rings. It was a police office who said, "Is everything ok? I was driving by and I heard the screams." Wow. Luke thought it was pretty cool that he got to talk to a policeman. Since the bug incident, he has 2 nightmares about bugs. So today, JC took him outside and they went on a bug quest. We're hoping to show him how bugs are really cool (they are soooo not cool) and hopefully his phobia will disappear!

2 comments:

Katie McDowell said...

i cannot stop laughing. i'm glad you maintained your composure and didn't scream along with him. :)

Brooke W said...

haha-I am marching straight into the kitchen to tell Daryn this little gem... :)