Thursday, September 10, 2009

Let the schooling begin...

So, Luke's first of pre-school was this week. We had already been to a meet the teacher day last week, and he loved it. I made him dinosaur pancakes for breakfast. Then JC and I took him to school. As I was signing him in, he ran right into the classroom without so much as a glance goodbye at me. I was slightly heartbroken. But I predicted that would happen and was glad he at least he went in without a fuss. When I went to pick him up, he seemed excited to see me (which redeemed his action of ignoring me that morning!) But his teacher had me sign an accident report. Apparently he "whacked" (Luke's words) some kid with a dinosaur. Certainly my precious little Luke wouldn't do such a thing and embarrass him mommy on the first day. :) Oh well. The teacher said not to worry...it's a completely normal reaction for a 2 year old. She also told me that they learned that he is quite the little escape artist...no surprise there either. He likes to explore. On the car ride home, Luke told me all about the raccoon story they read, itsy bitsy spider, and holding hands with his new friends. And he's pumped to be heading back tomorrow. So, I feel like the first day was a success!




He really wanted to take his new sword from Aunt Jessie and Uncle John with him. Good thing I didn't let him...who knows how many more kids he would have attacked!

2 comments:

Jessie Neireiter said...

Adorable!

PS If you bring the shield this weekend I will paint it instead of scrapbooking. :)

anna said...

hey hey guys was up omg do i miss u guys i cant wait 2 c u guys in 2 years omg luke is so cute and funny wacking another kid with a dinasour he must get that from jc right sara and did he get a hair cut what day did u go back 2 work and what dy did he start preschool i started school on thursday have a great week end we r going 2 watch the car show 2morro 1 year u guys have 2 come up and c the ar show luke will love it its when all these old cars have a parade and go around the village and beep horns and throw candy and make a vroom vroom noise